- Be against a bank that is a member of the Bankers’ Association Of Botswana.
- Be against your own bank, regarding its products and services or fees.
- Relate to a claim of less than P 500,000.00
- Relate to Mal-administration on the part of the bank that has caused
- you some loss, distress or inconvenience that is not of a trivial nature.
- Refer to misleading advertising
Must not be
- The exercise by a bank of its commercial judgements on lending policy or interest rates.
- You cannot complain about a bank’s failure to give you a loan, unless there was failure to follow the correct procedure and this prejudiced you.
- Matters that should more appropriately be dealt with by a court of law or other process.
- Matters where legal action has been started or where the customer wishes to be accompanied by an attorney.
- A matter that has already been decided by the Courts of Law.